Saturday, July 6, 2013

Chris Weidman: My Last Hope

Alright bw, I try not to veer off tha movie theme too much, but I gotta get this off my chest.

Chris Weidman is my last hope at UFC glory for the immediate future.

For those of you familiar with buffalo, my favorite fighters, in no particular order, were/are Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, Frank Mir, and Dan Henderson. As you might note, most of these fighters are in their late 30s, retired, or keep getting knocked unconscious.

Matt Hughes. He had such a good run going. He choked out Ricardo with a wrestling move, beat that n00b Gracie, and shut up Matt Serra. Then he got knocked out by BJ Penn and Koscheck and subsequently retired :(

Chuck Liddell. My oldest fave fighter, he was fighting Shogun for a shot at the belt and then got knocked out. He came back in the best shape of his life, broke Rich Franklin's arm, and then managed to get knocked out into retirement.

Frank Mir. He still has some gas in the tank, but after losing a title shot to JDS and then losing to Cormier, he won't be getting a shot at the belt any time soon.

Dan Henderson. Man, Hendo knocked out Fedor, Cavalcante, and put a whooping on Shogun, only to lose two heartbreaking split decisions that probably eliminate any chance of him getting a shot at the belt.

Chris Weidman. Buff's last shot at greatness. In the last two years of my life, Hendo and Mir have both lost twice, and my other two favorites are retired. As Eminem would say, "Success is my only m***f*** option, failure's not." Although Weidman is only 29, and will obvi comeback from this fight if he loses, that would blow. Buff's string of bad luck has run out. Weidman has the chin, wrestling, and submissions to take the belt tonight. The GOAT's time has come. WELCOME TO THE WEIDMAN ERA.

No comments:

Post a Comment