Saturday, November 26, 2011

Top 10 Movie Lines: Explanations for Rankings

Just a few thoughts and how I'll probably be ranking these:

a) Historical significance- for me more so than anything. A bunch of these lines have made it into my vocabulary over the years and obvi those will be highly ranked.

b) I'll try to limit the Bad Boys/8 Mile lines that I've rehashed on the blog so many times.

c) I don't care about actually famous lines. The 'here's looking at you kid/you can't handle the truth' stuff is fine and all but I'm not going to read up on what Roger Ebert thinks is good.

d) I've realized that there's more than 10 actually good quotes- it'll be lucky if any of your favorites make the list.

e) TV appearances possible but not likely- they might just make another countdown- I'm not quite sure yet.

-buff

No comments:

Post a Comment