Monday, October 3, 2016

The Visit

The good thing about not blogging for a year is that there is no shortage of material to go to town on.

1) I saw this hit 2015 movie in theaters. These two kids go to the boonies to visit their grandparents who are estranged from their mom. The grandparents start doing all this weird stuff and it goes from there.

2) I don't know why the kids don't just obey their grandparents and not go to the basement or stay up past 9:30. Seems like a pretty simple rule to follow that would have avoided all of these shenanigans. (I wouldn't want to go in some scary basement and lord knows I can't stay up past 9:30.) I mean, they see their grandma naked, projectile vomiting, and him using the tool-shed. I'd do as I was told and stay in my room lol.

3) The whole "cell phones don't work in this part of the country" subplot is getting kind of goofy in 2016. The only place I know where cell phones don't work is at Memorial Stadium during packed KU FOOTBALL games.

4) And really, how irresponsible is the mom? You haven't spoken to your parents in a bajillion years and you send your kids there with no oversight. The sequel will be social services taking the kids into state custody lol.

Overall pretty good. I didn't see the crazy ending coming and it was pretty short lol.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment