Sunday, June 28, 2015

Nurse Jackie Finale Thoughts

WGBW, sorry for the (9 month) delay lol. Oh and DB don't read too far- spoilers ahead lol.

I'm coming out of tha woodwork tonight to give a prediction for tha finale of tha hit tv show NURSE JACKIE.

Now before I get started, I'll bet a bunch of you don't really care and wish this was about something else. Well go eat some dirt. I don't really care lol.

1) ) Nurse Jackie has always been good at hooking up flashbacks to prior episodes. Tha finale is called "I say a Little Prayer." Some of you fans may remember that this song opened up Season 2 right after Jackie took all of those drugs and went on a family vacation to get away from Eddie. During the last ep of season 1 she takes a bunch of drugs and wonders if she is seeing things. During the opening ep of season 2 she keeps seeing Eddie too. The whole last season prior to tha finale she had a wreck of hallucinations while she was super high. (This is probably getting a little too Sopranos.)

2)  Besides last ep's revelation that she had clean UA's, I would've bet dollars that she had just been using tha whole last season. It is a little weird that in all prior seasons we knew when Jackie was using. And now they are just flirting with the idea by showing her putting some unnamed pill in her mouth. But I think tha hallucination confirms she is.

3) Long story short I think the cliffhanger from tha last ep (that showed Jackie popping pills and then seeing that one dude fly) clearly show that she has fallen off tha wagon.  Also, if anyone caught the one liner from tha end of the finale "Make me good God"(which she originally said during the pilot ep before you realized she had a family- "make me good God, but not today.") may signal that her time has come.

4) That being said- the last Showtime finale that tried to provide some closure took a big swing and a miss (see Dexter). However, I'm hoping they've come to their senses. At tha end of the day, I predict that Jackie takes an inordinate amount of painkillers and they try to revive her. (The ending makes sense- Jackie is obvi really self centered and if she can't be a nurse she could try to TKO herself- she wouldn't really care how this affected anyone else (i.e. how she has let her drugs go before everything else). Maybe to "make her good", she will try and get out of everyone's hair by TKO'ing herself.

I imagine the ep ends as they are trying to save her, so we will never know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment